Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July 2010

I did my first blog of the Fourth of July parade.  Where did the year go?  I wanted this to be a silent Sunday with just pictures, but really!  You are asking too much!!  Women like to talk, write, babble...  We always seem to have a comment about something.  Even if it isn't verbalized, we have one.

The parade was small this year and the turn out even smaller.  The 4th fell on a Sunday which took some of the people that wanted to attend church services.  Monday is also a holiday, so people went fishing, boating, family events, camping, you name it.

I took money for the noon meal at the hall, we ran out of sloppy joes by the time Cowboy and I ate, so we ate a little salad and went elsewhere and had lunch.  We came home and had a wonderful nap and then read papers.  I am way behind on my paper reading and Cowboy read the Sunday paper. 


Dave and Morris brought a team to town to carry veterans and Dave was outrider.  Sorry about the junk in the background.
Cowboy looks good on Ace.  Can you believe it was so chilly this morning that we needed jackets?  We were glad for the cool weather.  We remember a 4th when we went to Miles City with Tristin (we all had horses) and checked on cattle that we had on leased property.  Whew it was a very, very hot day!  Tristin said she remembered that her long-sleeved shirt had polyester in it...

Note the team in the back.  The horses that you see were the only ones in the parade in Jordan.  Sad!
Cowboy was trying to remember how many years he has carried the American flag...  He feels it is such an honor and privilege.  Patriotism runs deep at our house.  We pray for our country...



1 comment:

  1. Happy Bloggiversary! (Or something...)
    I'm so proud of my Dad for carrying the flag in the parade, too. What an honor! I don't remember anyone but Herschel Riley carrying it when I was a kid.

    It's one of the coolest Independence Days I can remember...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete