Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cinnamon Buns, the Best Yet!

I have discovered an even better recipe than the one I have been using for years and years!  Yes, can you believe that one can keep improving their cinnamon rolls?

If you haven't read or heard of Ree Drummond you are now in for a treat.  She has a blog The Pioneer Woman but I am receiving her emails and she periodically sends recipes throughout the week.  In December she had two recipes.  One of the recipes was for Sticky Pecan Mini-Buns (the picture on the left) and the other recipe was for Cinnamon Rolls (center).  The bread recipe is the same for both except she used half of the cinnamon roll recipe for the sticky buns.  I made mini buns which go in mini muffin tins until my rolls got too big, so I made buns to go in the regular muffin tins.  THEN, I still had dough left so thought I would try one pan of the cinnamon rolls.  They are frosted with a maple frosting that has brewed coffee in it. Yummy doesn't even begin to describe the frosted rolls!!!  Three of us ate the WHOLE pan with a very, very small piece left over.  You know it is not polite to eat it all, so none of us would eat that last little piece. Ree said she and a friend get together at Christmas time and make the frosted cinnamon rolls and wrap them with starched cloth and a fancy bow and deliver them to friends/family for Christmas.

The sticky mini buns would be perfect for  a coffee date with the "girls."  They would only be one good bite for the men.  I will make them all again sometime, but I need a really good reason such as lots of people are coming!!!!  They are hard on an expanding waistline but oh so delicious!!

I didn't know if I could post her recipe, so I will let you find it on her site.  I might add that the dough will be almost runny and I left it in the pan I mixed it in and then put in the 1/2 cup of flour after and hour and it was perfect to work.

Every once in awhile Cowboy or I will say, boy, wouldn't one of those buns taste good???

2 comments:

  1. LOVE cinnamon rolls. I can't even make them unless I have lots of people here because I could seriously eat the whole pan. And I don't need that right now! I'll have to look up the recipe. I have a couple of kids around here who love them too. Thanks Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Pretty durned good, but I still think Mrs. Hendry's Jordan dormitory carmel rolls are the best! The pecans make these Pioneer Woman rolls out of this world, and we will never have the recipe for those dorm rolls, so we will never really know which are the best. I just know that I can't afford to make this recipe more than once a year. I still haven't lost what I gained at Thanksgiving/Christmas!

    ReplyDelete