Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Mini Vacation

I had a meeting in Billings on Saturday and Bill had a saddle to be picked up in Sheridan, WY, so we made a little trip out of it.  We left on Friday and did a few errands in Billings (always errands) and then on to Sheridan before King's Saddlery was closed.  They had fixed on Bill's saddle.  It was fun to look around and see things we haven't seen in our travels here.  I wished I had taken a picture of one of the last saddles that Don King made.  It was beautiful with lots of leather stamping.  I was thinking to myself, "Wouldn't that be a wonderful gift to give Cowboy and surprise him!"  WRONG!!!  The price was $45,000.00.  Note the zeros!  Yikes!!  We would have had to insure the saddle and then would Cowboy ride it???  Probably...but still...

We had fun and bought a few things.  Bill was intrigued by some small hand-painted glasses.  He saw them when he took his saddle down to Sheridan.  They were pretty, but I don't want to break one and you know how glasses are!  He had some gift certificates that were getting moldy (mine never get a chance as they burn my pockets!) so decided to buy the hand-painted glasses and then some wine glasses.  He could not see buying the hand-painted wine glasses too--his own frugal nature stepped in!  I love towels and found some with brands on them and also a hand towel that said COWBOY embroidered on it.  I got those for Bill. 

I have been looking for several years for a barometer and thermometer.  I found one at King's and had Cowboy pick out the picture on the top of them.  I was so excited.  We got the thing home and I got on line to find out the barometric pressure to set it...yes, you are right, it was broken and wouldn't work.  They should have received it in the mail by now.  Hopefully, the new one will work when it comes!  
Pretty, aren't they??
Western all the way...

When I got this towel home, it said COWGIRL!!  So the one that says COWBOY is coming with the new barometer!  That is what happens when I am in a hurry!!!
One look could have told us it wasn't working!
If you did not already know, Bill likes knives.  By that I mean, "good" knives, well-made and good steel.  This is a Tree Brand Classic and is made by Boker of Germany.  It could be a birthday present, but it probably won't get wrapped!  ha!  
I could do a blog on knives.  Don't let Cowboy see you cutting with one of our knives on a plate.  Use a cutting board and scrap off with the top side.  Our knives are kept SHARP, so be careful when you visit and are helping in the kitchen.  I don't slice veggies against my thumb if that tells you anything...
This is a humorous story to our trip.  When Bill checked in at the motel, they asked if he had any discounts he wanted to use.  He said no.  He asked what the discount would be.  The clerk told him the room price was $99.00 for us and $99.00 if we had a discount, BUT without any discounts we were given a $20.00 certificate to use for breakfast.  Those people with discounts were NOT given the breakfast!  Go figure...!
Alas!  Look what I found when I got back to Billings.  I won't have to guess how big or little to make those aprons for the girls!!  Remember a couple of them asked me on Cookie Day if I could make them aprons too.  They just pulled my old heart strings!
It was fun picking!
I am just hoping they don't all want the same one! 
Enough of the pictures!  We had a little time to spare, that is why I was able to go to the quilt store before my meeting!  Imagine that!
We met Cari and Joey and Bill got to see the condo and then we went to supper with them.  Much visiting and good eats!


No comments:

Post a Comment