Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunrises and Cattle

My sunrise pictures are not as gorgeous as God makes them, but I keep trying to capture the beauty, especially with the clouds.  I took these with Bill's camera as mine was in the car on the "ready" for that special picture!  I found a couple of pictures that he took when they were gathering and thought that I would post them also. 






Do you think that the cows know that it is time, even though they bawl when the babies are gone?  Are we like that TOO!?!


Everyone at this house was in bed by 7:30 p.m. new time and even though I was up at 4:30 a.m. with everyone else, I DID NOT have to go out and work in the wind and the dust!  They were glad to get a reprieve at lunch time.  I left the soup out last night and forgot to put it in the refrigerator (beef soup) and Cowboy woke me at 1:45 a.m. to asked if I remembered.  I stumbled down the stairs, took the lid off, looked at it and put it in the refrigerator.  By then I was wide awake and told Cowboy I had better not serve that to the men.  I would not want to make anyone sick.  I think it was okay, but that was over six hours without refrigeration.  So we went to plan B for dinner/lunch and they got rib steaks, potatoes, tossed salad, garlic buns, cherry pie or lemon bars.  No one complained!

So here I am wide awake, but I will keep the blog short tonight and hit the hay myself.  We roll out early, doesn't matter whether it is Daylight Savings Time or Mountain Standard Time--it is "Rise and Shine" and I am taking a line from one of the members of our Sunday school class:  "Okay, Lord, I am making this choice today asking you to be in charge of me."  Sweet dreams!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice blog!
    I'm a "Follower" now.
    Thanks for sharing,
    gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunrise, and I am with you about the camera not giving God's creation full justice. I am sure the boys enjoyed the steaks, but there is nothing like hot soup on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for your sweet comments. I'm glad they found my booth. We were in the aisle next to the last...so if people didn't have a lot of time...some people didn't make it that far.
    We've found a house. Yippee! I'll post pics next week.
    Thanks for keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete