Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Day in the Life of...

It has been ages since I have posted anything!  I took my camera with me this morning and started taking pictures.  Cowboy was shipping a couple of loads of calves that they have been working to get gathered and weaned.  It was quilting day in Jordan which is pretty important!  Ha!  Also, our church in Jordan was having highway cleanup.  I was not able to help the last time, so decided that I could make it work this time!

Here are some pictures of the "crew" ready to go!
Young and old alike, or I should say--young and younger!  Note we had our fluorescent vests on and our rubber gloves.  They were waiting for the Head Crew Chief to get off of the phone and that picture of him was blurry!  Sorry!!  They were very fast on the two-mile cleanup!  We started at 10:30 a.m. and my partner and I stopped at 11:30 and I am sure the rest of them were done before noon.
Nadine on the left was chaperoning and working with the younger faster ones!  Mary was my partner and we were just steady!!

I grabbed some lunch and back to quilting I went.  I had two apron tops started when I left and I came back and worked on them and then started another two tops. You have heard the story, but I will tell it again.  The daughters got aprons last Cookie Day and the grand girls asked if I couldn't please make them aprons??  So, this cookie day I am hoping to have them done. 
Cowboy got to use the chute first!  They brought some steer calves here to be taken to pasture tomorrow.

More pictures of the corrals.  They are finally getting to use them!

more pictures...


Cowboy on Cash!  They are both very photogenic!  This is my picture of a working cowman!  Cowboy said, "An old working cowman!" 


Our weather has been so fantastic.  One day less of cold weather.  It was in the 70's today--November 6th!  Look at that blue sky, beautiful...one just cannot replicate God's handiwork...   And look closely, there is still some green grass, what a wonder.



And last but certainly not least are the heros for the day in the life of a computer "girl".  I got a new computer a couple of weeks ago and then the printer which was 8 years old decided to bite the dust, so I ordered a new one from HP online over the phone with a "person" in the Phillipines.  That wasn't so bad.  Then the machine came, I set it up and naturally it wouldn't work.  I got BACK on the phone to the Phillipines (80+ minutes worth) and I got someone who didn't know much more than I did and we tried several things.  He told me I should stay calm when I asked for his manager or at least an address for HP as I was going to send them a letter and the very least give lots of negative advertising.  I may still write the letter.  In the meantime, I am getting a new black ink cartridge, which he thought would fix my problem.  Enter K.J. and Sharon who know sooooo much more than I do about computers and printers!  Sharon ran the computer diagnostics while K.J. did the "hands on" with the printer.  He cleaned the ink cartridge holder.  That isn't the proper name, but that what it is!  Then he ran it through its paces!  The bottom line is that it works!!!!  Praise God!!  Thank you K.J. and Sharon.  Besides that we did some fast and furious visiting.  It was wonderful!  The up side of this is that I will have some extra ink coming!  Ha! 

It was a full day for everyone!  So now you see why I am not getting any blogging done.  It seems like it is first one thing and then another.

We are doing a Bible study on "Becoming a Woman of Excellence" and I slipped a little the other day with the Phillipino.  I will try harder next time...

2 comments:

  1. That is an excellent study! I've done a couple of those "Becoming a woman of...." and I'm not sure it always sticks like I wish it would! I too have been busy around here, but plan to give you a call one of these days! Been a while and we need to catch up a bit! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thanks girlie. I couldn't live without a porch! I'm looking forward to getting settled in.
    By the way....LOVE your favorite verse! Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete