Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pansies

I have always loved pansies since I have been a young girl.  I love their faces.  I usually try to grow some and this year I got the best pot and the best place to put it.  Pansies love cool weather and they do well early in the summer and into the fall.  This year I did not empty the pot until last week.  I couldn't bring myself to dump it.  The pansies went through several frosts too.  Anyway, I took a picture of my almost frozen pansies to say goodbye for the season!! 
I took the wire off of my pot so I could take a picture, otherwise the deer would have eaten them a long time ago!!!

I will be waiting for the garden catalogs to look at all the pictures and dream, but alas, I don't plant that much as it is frustrating to just feed the deer besides being expensive.  I am thinking I need to have a window garden, but I don't know how to start such a project.  We would love to eat the fresh herbs.  Although this year we ate the cilantro and it was delicious!!  That is one herb one either really likes or cannot stand.  We are in the "love it" catagory!

Until spring, my fellow gardeners!!!

1 comment:

  1. Pansies are one of my favorites, too. Heck, I used to be thrilled when I found Johnny Jump Ups in the buck pasture every spring.

    ReplyDelete