Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dutton 2009 Family Reunion

Some candid shots of "kissin' cousins"--Rebecca and Mary
They kept gathering cousins and then decided to add the one remaining uncle and aunt, Uncle Bruce and Aunt Hazel. Uncle Bruce is the cowboy hat on the left in the back row and Aunt Hazel is the one in the lavender top. They are so loved!! That they even had the energy to make the trip and sit outside in the heat attests to their love of family!! Those that didn't make the picture, I am sorry. We kept taking more pictures as more cousins came, but after it was over I saw more arriving at the park.
We early birds got up to walk. Cari forgot her walking shoes so cut our walk a little short. Roberta and Connie went on without us. It was a beautiful early morning walk!

Bill, (my Cowboy!) and I have to get a picture taken together, especially on a park bench!! Cari took one of us dusting off the bench!! I did not include that one! It was a gorgeous day, a little warm, but there was lots of shade and a little breeze.












Angus went running and said: "Cowboy PopPop, combine broke!" Bill asked him what was broken and he replied: "The bulldozer!" We had a great laugh and Cowboy PopPop told maybe Poppop Vern could fix it. Notice the "boy" haircut! He is all boy!!
(I have loaded, cut and pasted this picture three times!! It is time I quit blogging for the night! I sometimes feel I am "challenged" as far as computing goes!)




Jennifer and Kamryn


Such a sweet smile! Sometimes Mom's hugs are just the BEST!











What impresses me about this family is their dedication to having a reunion every two years (odd years! Hummm...) and those that make it do, and the others will try for another year. I met Bill's cousin Ed and Kathy, who stopped in on their way with Aunt Hazel and we had a very good "get acquainted" visit. Connie stopped in also and we caught up. Speed and Rose stopped by which makes it all the better for more gabbing!

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, and great writing. Writing up a reunion is quite an undertaking. Are you planning what to take for the auction next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! And anyone who braves the Dutton reunion and lives to tell the story should get a tee-shirt.....

    Silent auction? Hmmm. I'll work on it. Maybe a photo book. WITHOUT editing from Margaret Francis....

    ReplyDelete