Monday, December 7, 2009

Cookie Day and Kids Coming Soon!

December 7, 2009

I'm trying to just hit the high spots for cleaning. How is that possible? I dust one place. Move lanterns to another spot and it is REALLY dusty! Ugh! I am thinking of dusting only where people can see, but then I will have Darren and Joey and Barry who are VERY tall, so maybe I had better dust.

The cookies are finally getting baked!!!
The sugar cookies are in the freezer as I write this. They are waiting to be frosted, licked, and frosted again! Oh what pictures I have in my mind from last year! The Farmer's Wife is bringing a few more sugar cookies...we would not want to run out of decorating materials!!!

I am forever trying new recipes and this sugar cookie is one. Cowboy said they aren't as good as my "other" recipe, so I threw the new one away. I think I try a different sugar cookie recipe every year, he just doesn't know it! The first year I tried one and they were very crunchy. I like them "just right", what about you???

Note the candy canes in the back--Cowboy bought them for the grandies. I told him I thought we should just give them to them on their way out the door to go home! I am pretty smart at times... We get candy canes every year for Cowboy. He likes to put them on the tree and have one occasionally through the holidays.

These cranberry cookies are in the freezer now too. We had a very dear friend and teacher to all my kids, who made us shirt boxes full of cookies every Christmas when we lived at Melstone. That is no exaggeration and every kind imaginable. We ate our favorites and then took plates of cookies to other gatherings! This particular cookie was a favorite at our house, so in memory of Carolyn Tecca I have made this cookie for a couple of years. When we started "Cookie Day" I thought of Carolyn and all of her baking.

I have Chocolate Drops in the refrigerator to bake tomorrow and the request I get the most is for Norwegian Berlinerkranser or Berlin Rings as they are sometimes called. I will blog them when I get them baked. They are a little more work and I have been asked to make a DOUBLE batch this year, which I have time to do. (Thank you God.) And the funny thing is, I don't know if any of us have any Norwegian in us--does it really matter where cookies are concerned? I didn't think so either.

We are getting excited!

2 comments:

  1. what patience you have. cookie decorating is not one of my favorites things to do. made gingerbread houses with kids once. never again. have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun, and delicious too. I am with Wynamt--rolling cookie dough is too much trouble. Although, every year I get the food and nutrition class to mix up lots of cookie dough so they can teach the kindergarten kids how to roll out cookies and decorate them. It is fun!

    ReplyDelete