Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Once In A Blue Moon or Kids Reveal All

December 30, 2009

We were privileged enough to have four of our grand girls for 24 hours. Oh what a delight! One forgets how fun they are and knowledgeable they are becoming!!! Another couple of days with us and I would have had some blackmailing material, but I did not get to do my Art Linkletter routine and ask some pointed questions. I may have to work on that list...

The ride from town was entertaining and I got a theological lesson. I wanted to contribute, but sometimes it is better just to listen... The discussion was on Jesus and Jehovah and God and a friend of one of the girls said there is Jehovah and God. Another girl (the almost youngest) said no, there was only one God. I did say that it is called the trinity--the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one. I started to tell about water and ice and the oldest said, "It is like an egg, there is the shell, the white and the yolk. Good enough. They got the concept. They were correcting one another about different church names.

Then I was asked by Miss Maggie if I knew that her Mom was born in the house I lived in. I said yes, I knew that. (I know she didn't mean literally) She said PopPop was married to another lady and her name is Gramma Banana and then he married me. I said, yes, I was aware of all that. She then asked me why a man would marry two wives. To this I replied, "Well that is a big person reason, and people have different reasons." She then told me that she was only going to marry one man. I said that was the best way. Then she said, "There is only one Ben and I am sticking with him!" Out of the mouths of babes...

We finally got here and they were having leftovers and they must have been hungry as they did well eating!


What one does the other does...

Cowboy PopPop took their picture about 5 a.m. There is one behind Clifford on the far side, you just can't see her. We started out with the Kamyrn and Jentry in the "big" bed downstairs and Maggie and Liv were going to sleep in sleeping bags in the living room upstairs so I could take care of them if need be. Pretty soon they were moving the sleeping bags, the night lights were too bright, the floor was too hard... Liv was ready to go home and be with Mom so I told her to go climb in bed with the two older girls and I put Maggie on the couch as the floor was much too hard for Goldilocks. But Goldilocks had other plans and she snuck down with the other girls. If I had made them all sleep together I am sure there would have been an uproar!

Maggie got really very teary eyed when she found out that they couldn't sleep in the bunkhouse. I told her she probably would stay there, but the others didn't want to be out there. When they got bigger, I told her, they could stay out there! She was pretty sad that it couldn't be NOW!

Cowboy PopPop finally had to tell them to quiet down and that was about 10:30 p.m.

Maggie fell out of bed so she was upstairs by about 6:00 a.m. Liv was still ready to go home and Maggie wanted to stay. I called Jennifer as I didn't want Liv to never want to stay again. By the time Jen got here we found out Bill would need me to pick him up in Billings as he was to haul calves Wednesday and Thursday. He wanted a ride for Thursday and that was the day the older girls were scheduled to go home. This is a major undertaking to get girls here and then have to go right home. But, we will do it again. It will get easier each time for the little ones. I hear Angus was upset that he couldn't come too. Maybe we will have to have a summer visit and sleep over!
After a hard morning of play they decided to do some coloring and printing.

Liv was explaining to Maggie what she was doing and Jentry was doing her own art work. They went on the refrigerator for all to see.

Joe Gibson and his son Ty were here for lunch and everyone was seated at the table and Maggie asked Cowboy PopPop who that man was in the black t-shirt. He told her that man's name is Ty. She looked at Ty and said, "Hi! Ty! I like you!" He laughed and blushed and we told him that is probably what all the girls say!

It was a morning of blessings, I got lots of hugs and smooches. Their sweet little voices chirping...

Now tomorrow, be sure to check and see if you can see that "blue moon."

Happy New Year to you and yours and may God bless you with just what you need.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

4 comments:

  1. Scott and I had a very loud chuckle about the marriage conversation. Indeed there is only one Ben! All I can say is that it SHALL be interesting as these little ones grow older! Bless you for taking the girls for a fun sleepover!! Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings

    On the subject of the Trinity,
    I recommend this video:
    The Human Jesus

    Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you and the girls, in your quest for truth.

    Yours In Messiah
    Adam Pastor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't kids just so cute. I know you had a blast with this bunch, and it is so good for little cousins to be together. Cousins are important. I am looking for the blue moon, and I hope its effect wanes by Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva used to tell the parents, "I won't believe all the stories I hear, if you won't believe all the stories you hear." I think that policy applies here, too.

    Mags had a great time! Angus is looking forward to his turn, too.

    ReplyDelete