Friday, June 11, 2010

Cowboy's Birthday!

Cowboy likes pie probably the best, so that is what I made him for his "special" day.  Of course we had to have candles!
Candles don't stand up real well!  

I had forgotten I had bought him a present so when Maggie asked if there were going to be any presents, it jogged my "old" memory!  I dug it out of the closet.  The grandies had to help open the gift and since there was ONLY one present, PopPop got to open his own.  The little hands were so wanting to help and Bill took his time cutting tape.  It was fun watching the kids.  Angus just knew that it was a gun and Baylee wanted it to be "cakeup" (makeup).  Bonnie brought Baylee a backpack and she has been wearing every day.  She calls it "backack."  We have been having so much fun.

Maggie baked PopPop a birthday cake to bring and it didn't come out of the pan.  One half came out and so it torn into two pieces.  They left it home...


Birthday kisses...they are just the BEST!


2 comments:

  1. Hats off to you girlie!! Your comment made my day! You are doing the right thing with patterns. I never go as far to say people can't share....but you are the kind of people us designers really do appreciate. The reason I am sharing the process is to help people better understand. I know I didn't...until I started designing.
    I will get your give-away in the mail on Monday. I have been swamped with this Quilt Walk.
    Quilting Hugs,
    John'aLee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hated to miss the party, and I agree--pies are better than cake any old day!

    ReplyDelete