Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cookie Day Postscript!

This is what happens when one gets up there in years, or maybe it is just too many things going through my mind to get them all tamed into what I have going at this moment.  Old?  I can't possibly be old yet...

Last year at Cookie Day I had little gifts for the kids, nothing big, just little stuff for them to take home and lose.  And, I had made the aprons for the big girls.  This year I made two table runners out of some new Christmas colors that were not the traditional colors.  I thought that we could have a drawing of the big girls (Tristin wanted to be included with the "big" girls).  They had to be here to get a chance at the runners.  Here are the winners...

Meghan and Mary
They really liked the runner with the stripes in the border, but Mary drew first.  And being the kind person she is, Meghan decided she could part with hers and give it to Cari since it would go with the colors in Cari's house.  That is what I would call sisterly love.  Thanks you Meghan!
Here is a picture of the recipient, Cari with Angus telling something pretty important to him.  We all want someone to listen to us, don't we?

I think I have collected all my thoughts and have gotten everything down that I want to.  Of course there are so many pictures that aren't on here, but if you are ever this way stop in!  Hopefully by that time we (The Farmer's Wife and Cowboy's Sweetheart), will have a couple of Cookie Day books done.

Now I am wondering what I could possibly make for next year that would be small and doable...hummm.

3 comments:

  1. How about oven mitts? I know I sure could use a new pair!! Love the pics and the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sad, to have to put the table runner away for next year! So beautiful...

    I'm so glad you're posting things! Missed this little blog, when it was down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the table runners are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete