Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Deer! Oh Dear!!

What have I been telling you?  The deer are out of control around our ranch!
There is one eating cow "cake" that dropped out of the feeder!  I took this picture out our sliding glass door on the deck.

Who is watching whom??  Not a bit scared.  Look at the baby looking under the pickup bed.

After I took these pictures a buck came and was sniffing around.  I guess he didn't want to jump on the pickup.  It was too dark to take his picture and when I went out to "shoo" him away, he just looked at me for at least a minute.  I am telling you, these animals have no fear of humans!  And besides that they LOVE anything that I plant, be it flowers or vegetables!  Grrrrr!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, What interesting pictures! Deer do the strangest things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! These are JUST like the pictures from 1978 that were taken during that rough winter! Only your snow is quite a bit less, here.

    Deer are wretched creatures, because you want to hate them for the damage, but you look at them and are completely unable to muster it...

    ReplyDelete