Thursday, February 3, 2011

Belated Cookie Day

I have had a couple of people ask me when I was going to post about Cookie Day that happened in December.  It has gotten so late, I did not know whether to or not. 

The long story is I bought a new computer from a suggestion by the Farmer's Wife (and she has since mentioned that "it really was a good idea, but...").  I bought it the end of October, 2010.  The "thing" crashed three times--first time viruses, second time new hard drive put in, third time I called the company direct (thanks to the Farmer's Wife who said go straight to the top!) and they sent me a new machine with a different antivirus installed.  That is the only thing we could come up with that could be wrong.  So far so good and that has been at least two weeks or more.  I was beginning to wonder if we would get our tax information sent to the accountant as all of it is in this machine.  Cowboy suggested I could do it on paper, long hand.  Fill in the blanks as to what I told him! Oh, it wasn't that bad.  I just told him I had done that and I didn't need the experience.

Cookie Day was fun and BJ was actually able to be here also as well as Meghan.

Here are the grandies that got to be here with their aprons, Tristin, Maggie, Angus, Kamryn, and Liv.  Angus called his "my cowboy thing".  He liked to wear it and they all had fun.

The Farmer's Wife was the one who had the idea for the aprons two years ago.  I insisted that she bring her material and I would make her apron.  She had two sets, so I made two and Khyrsten got one, but since Khyrsten didn't come Cari got to wear it as she forgot hers.  Look at the sacks of food on the floor behind Mary.  There was so much food to eat!
Cari... You go girl!

Do you think anyone could pick out their coat or boots??
Grandma Dutton--some multigenerational pictures.  Fun!


Granddad and Cari...

The "big" girls ( I don't dare say older do I, so what would you say?) were having just as much fun as the "little" ones.
BRING ON THE FROSTING!  Angus-Kamryn-Maggie-Liv-Tristin

There was precise work going on and lots of creativity.
We never get too old to decorate cookies...

This is serious...
Don't you just love the green lips?  Kissable!!

Wayland taking a turn...
This is the creation that Angus made for his Daddy.  Pretty special work for a four-year-old!

Jennifer is our candy making girl.  This is the second year for her caramels and they just get better every year!!  She is going to keep do this recipe.  I am the one coming up with new recipes for sugar cookies or the caramels.

Meghan, Maggie, Grammy Karen...

Cowboy PopPop is sure looking at something...
It must be important!  The kids love their Cowboy PopPop.
Tristin and Mary...
Jennifer helping Liv...
Some of the handiwork.  Beautiful!!

Pretty fancy work, wouldn't you say?
BJ did not do any decorating, he did take home the finished goods to Marsha, Baylee, and Kelli.  Yum!


The cookies are "divyed" and the aprons removed.  Whew!  What a fun day. Mary took 180 pictures and I took 87, so you see why I put so many on the blog.  There were so many pictures to choose from and of course they were all good ones!


Naturally there has to be a "rest of story" for the remainder of that weekend.  But that will be for another blog.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Loved all the pictures and know you had a wonderful weekend. I have missed your posts while you were getting the computer figured out. Keep up the good work. Linda

    ReplyDelete