Sunday, August 16, 2009

FAIR TIME!!

It was Fair Time in Garfield County and the weather was perfect!!!! Cool...

4-H kids showing their livestock...

A picture I started when Baylee was a baby. I love "redwork" and had never done any until now.

This is a block-of-the month quilt I did from The Plaid Square in Glasgow. It is batiks and was challenging at times. This quilt goes to Dad and Bonnie and the green will go with her Irish red hair!
This is my "Dick and Jane" quilt. I learned to read with Dick and Jane, so when this fabric appeared in the stores, I knew I had to have some. Carousel Quilting quilted it. She did a fabulous job. I told her it was whimsical and to have some fun quilting it. I am sure because of her quilting I won the purple ribbon in that division. I was super excited as that is my first purple EVER! It is still fun to get them...

The one on the left is a wall hanging or table topper and I liked the flowers. The one on the right is the one that makes me laugh out loud when I see it! I am not really "into" Halloween, but this wall hanging was one that I just had to do. I am crazy about that old witch!! You can't see it in this picture but her leggings are purple to go with her red heels. Maybe I have a thing about red shoes!!
What would the fair be without the sandbox by the fair building. They were super busy and it was a little wet, but most of the "youngins" were there so Moms and Dads could find them. I am sure that after a little pink cotton candy the sand stuck like glue...

It rained that night, buckets, which is no exaggeration and hailed some places. It rained 7/10 at our place. I didn't look at the sand box on Saturday but it was undoubtedly busy. I was trying to stay warm during the stock sale so didn't think about the little ones as we didn't have any visiting. My friend Jane brought a blanket for our laps, what a friend! Who would think in August it would feel so cool.

3 comments:

  1. Good work Mom! You do such beautiful handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congraulations!!!

    Those are great pictures, and I walked past the sandbox Saturday morning....lots of mud, lots of kids.

    Some year I'm going to get in there before the 4H sale and be able to look around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! Wish I had your talent. Sounds like the fair was lots of fun, but not as much fun as when I was about junior high age--you know when kids are really stupid, but have lots of energy, and love to do stuff, especially dumb stuff. Anyway, I love that fair and miss it.

    ReplyDelete