Friday, August 14, 2009

RED, RED HIGH HEELS!

You have heard where truth is stranger than fiction...do I have a story for you! It all started when we picked up Rosie O'Grady to come to the ranch. Naturally, we had to do a "little" shopping in Billings before we headed to the ranch. One of the stops was Dillards to look at shoes for the family reunion. After the "flip flops" were picked (I am still of the "thongs" generation and saying that tends to get one into trouble!) we were looking at other shoes...


Rosie spotted the red shoes with the bow on the side, the three-inch spikes AND the cute little ankle strap. Of course, she tried them on and I must say they were "darling" and she didn't even teeter on them!! We laughed and wondered where one could wear them, church maybe. They would be too high and hurt our feet after too long a time so it had to be a short duration, knowing our age...

Then I spotted a pair that I had to try on. YES, they were RED too, and patent leather. Can you believe my good fortune?!! They were just great and I had a little more support and I didn't teeter either. We did a lot more laughing and a couple of ladies trying on shoes had to come and peek.

We did NOT buy the shoes, but talked about them all the way home. Rosie's were even on sale! I awoke at 2 a.m. thinking of all the things I could wear those red shoes with (I know, I know, the preposition!!) and where. My daughter M.M. told me if I was still thinking about them maybe I should buy them.

On the day before flight day for Rosie, the Farmer's Wife called and said she wanted to buy them for a present for Rosie. On the way to Billings I asked Rosie what size she tried on. She told me she would likely look for a pair in Texas.

Yikes!! What to do? As soon as I had purchased said BEAUTIFUL red shoes and of course, my pair, I called the Farmer's Wife and said she had better see how she could stall Rosie on her shoe buying!!!
Grandma got in the mix as she LOVES shoes too and came for coffee and tried on Rosie's shoes. They can't take the girl out of the woman! Although she didn't want to "walk" in them!


Oh, Rosie's shoe size is an 8 and mine is 9 1/2. When I got both pair home, mine were an 8 also. A phone call later, they would ship me a new pair, no postage and I could take the "8" back.
Texas cousin came and she happened to wear a size 8 also, so we had another fashion show...and she bought the original size 8 that was my shoe. Dilemma solved there. Isn't life wonderful??




The best part is that men really like red high heels on women, Rosie told me so, sort of like red toe nails. Cowboy actually agreed. There are my shoes in one of my favorite things, flowers. No, I haven't worn them yet, but I will...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Grandma, you look fine! I am wearing them to church tomorrow, and am going to get a friend to take a picture of my feet. Don't think they will look as good on me as they do Grammie, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every woman should have a pair of red heels in her closet. And she should wear them often, and with joy!

    I'm so glad you both have feet shod in crimson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, LOVE IT! I can't wait to see those on your tootsies Mom! I'm going to have to get my red heels out this week...

    Too bad you still didn't have those patent red chunky heeled pair with the buckle. Those were pretty sassy!

    ReplyDelete