Monday, August 10, 2009

Plays, Popcorn, Padding!


I have been watching the plays that were being performed at the Fort Peck Theatre. I have never gone to one and have always wanted to attend one of them. This year they were performing GREASE. So, even before my cousin got here I got reserved tickets for the Sunday matinee. I don't like to drive that narrow road after dark with all the critters!

When she got here I asked her if she was game to go. Realize I only gave her one day to catch her breath before I whisked her away. She arrived Friday evening after her plane had been delayed out of Houston and she missed her flight in Denver by about 15-20 minutes! Fast travel...hummm.

We went to church, had lunch, and took off. My Cowboy wasn't at all interested in going with us and was doubly glad I had a partner to go along. There was a lot of visiting being done and the trip went fast. We got popcorn (with butter, of course) for something to do until they opened the doors. Then we were like little kids, we had to have water next! We even paid 25 cents for a pad to sit on. I was actually dreading going into the old building, but once in there it was air conditioned! Thank you, Thank you! We were in the fourth row on the aisle in the middle section. I couldn't have picked better seats.

WELL, to say that we were impressed is putting it mildly!! Besides being such a fun play to watch, I was trying to figure out who had more fun--them performing it or us watching it!! The quality of their music and acting was superb. I can see why the auditorium was full. It isn't really a secret how good they are, the word must be out, but I am doing a little more spreading. I could go watch that one again. My cousin thought Rizzo stole the show, but I would be hard pressed to pick one over the other. Great performance!!! If you ever get the chance, go! We were so excited visiting about the play on the way home.

We made no stops so we were home within two hours from leaving Fort Peck.

No comments:

Post a Comment