Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Blessings!

January 3, 2010

That is so hard to write, 2010! I can remember when we were in high school and we were figuring out how old we would be in the year 2000. Goodness gracious! Now it is 2010 and that makes me ten years older and I thought that it was an OLD age way back! Age is relative...

Now to the blessing!!!!! I am doing a little purging. I never thought I was a saver until I had to move from Melstone to Billings and then from Billings to here. I always saved cards. I LOVE cards. I like buying them, I like sending them, and I like to receive them too! Cowboy likes to buy cards so that is a blessing for me. I digress from my story...

I was going through our wedding cards one by one, isn't that what your Mama tells you, just in case... and lo and behold!!! I found money. Here is the proof!!!
It even looks like old money, it is not like the "funny money" they are printing now! Oh, what a surprise! Both of us just started laughing!! Weren't we glad I did not throw the lot out!?! We looked at each one and did a little reminiscing about the givers.

I sat and wrote out some goals for 2010 and wrote how I would like to achieve them. I won't write them down for you, they are for me to do and strive for. Above all I want to be the woman God wants me to be this year and some of that will be getting in His word to read and study.

Hope you find a little money in your "old" cards!

1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart--what a confession! You do have just a teensy bit of pack rat in you, and it paid off. Are you going to write a belated thank you note? I am with you on the goal business. I have to have some goals, and I have to write them down. I am not as fervent about them as I used to be, and I can tell it--things just aren't getting done around here! It is just so much fun to go back through old letters. I wish I had saved everyone of my dad's and mom's letters that they sent me.

    ReplyDelete