Thursday, January 14, 2010

Traveling Threesome!

January 14, 2010

I made a trip to Billings on Monday to pick up Cowboy as he was getting the semi worked on. My friend, Gladys had an appointment to get her knee replacement checked, so she rode with me. And our other passenger was Amy. She did well and LOVED traveling. I even got to go see Cari in her office at St. Vincent's. That was a highlight of the day!

Today was "hair-do" day, so I told Cowboy on Monday I was going to Roundup Thursday, so I could take him back to Billings to get his truck. Of course, Amy was a passenger again! Thinking that he would be headed home before me, Bill took Amy with him. He had to repair tires, get a rim replaced, and found another tire that needed repaired. He arrived home after me by almost two hours! Amy was glad to get home!
If only dogs could talk... She really wanted to ride in the front and me ride in the back! She got to have a couple of bites of Bill's snack on the way to Billings! My kids must think their mother is really slipping! I mean, after all, hauling a dog around in a VERY NICE car. I couldn't stand it tonight! I went out and cleaned the window and the seat and said to Cowboy that I was going to have to make or buy something for the seat!!
Don't you love this picture?! She is queen AND she gets to ride in the front and there isn't any room for Cowboy's Sweetheart!!!

Back to Roundup to the beauty shop. Betty Jean was getting her hair done and lo and behold, Molly Jo came to get her hair cut too! Molly Jo is Betty's granddaughter and a month older that our grandie, Baylee Murnion. This was her second cut from Doreen. She laughed and sat pretty still for an "almost" three-year-old. She will be three in March.
Below is Molly Jo with Mommy (Jenny Gilbert) and she is looking pretty serious as she knew we wanted a "beautiful" picture after her hair cut!

Grandma Betty Jean and Molly Jo...I see lots of family resemblance! What a good looking pair!

My friend Sandy liked how my hair was being done (she is from Lewistown), so she started making appointments when I did. At first she just met me for lunches when I went and then got so she wanted them to do her hair too. We both look forward to our monthly or every five week visits! We get caught up on family and whatever else is going on. Sandy and I are classmates and graduates of Custer County High School. We were wondering today where all the years have gone...
I am so very thankful that the weather warmed up and that the roads were good. I even broke down and washed the car. The windshield was so bad that I could only see out of the part the window washer cleaned and the same with the back window. As for putting stuff in or taking stuff out of the back end...ugh! Bill said that it would be a very good idea to get it washed. It probably won't last long, but at least one layer is gone not to be topped by another!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, I can't believe what a group you have going on there. You could call it the "Hair Club" you meet as regular as quilting. Looks like fun. I am also shocked you had your dog in the car. If i took maggie, i would have to put her in a garbage bag and tie it around her neck. Can not stand the hair!

    ReplyDelete