Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snowy Day Projects

I had the bigger bag cut out since December, waiting for the "right" time to put it together.  So, with all the snow, I thought it would best to be sewing instead of baking!
 
That is the 5th big bag I have made.  I couldn't decide which colors as I did like the black, white, and red bags I have made, and the cowboy fabric too.  But I really like the limely green color and it is pretty popular now in the quilt stores.  A friend made herself a smaller version of the big bag and made a purse.  I just cut my blocks down and used less blocks and came up with my own smaller version.  My friend Sandy in Lewistown gave me a pattern for the small coin purse with three little compartments, so naturally I had to make one of them too!! One of our big girls wants a big bag, so I will cut it out one of these first days...  She has picked her material.  I have quite a few projects in various stages of "doing!"  My Shop-Hop quilt for this year needs to be finished, the big blocks are done, I need to cut some more fabric and make some small bear paws and put it together.  It is faster to type what I need to do that doing it!  Ha!

 
This is a project that I "almost" had completed.  I had the binding sewn down and decided that I wanted to do a little bit more quilting so I had put it aside.  I took it out this month and got it finished so it will be ready for next Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Love those bags, which one is mine? haha I can hear you now saying "You can make your own sister, after all I gave you a pattern." That lime green really sets off the black and white. I made granddaughter Laramie a black,white and red purse for Christmas, with the same pattern that you gave me. Thanks so much for the pattern. Love what Laura did with Leah's quilt. Have to get her # from you one of these days. Stay warm Linda

    ReplyDelete