Sunday, February 14, 2010

Special Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was quiet.  We had gone dancing to a "Sweetheart" dance last night.  We lasted until just after midnight.  The real eye opener for us was that we were the third oldest couple!!  How could that have happened so suddenly???  But we had fun and danced up a storm.  Cowboy loves to dance and is such a good dancer.  How blessed I truly am!

This morning we opened our cards and presents.  My gift I will probably be wearing in a picture one of these days!!  We will show Cowboy's because before anyone can come and steal "it", the present will be long gone!!
Cowboy likes to shop at James Avery, are not all his girls and I lucky?!  They got theirs at Christmas.  Mine is a heart...  Oh, and did I say he is good at giving cards? 

PaPa's Candy is made by Tony and Tootie Maack in Harrison, MT.  It is a mom and pop business, and I think they are really, really busy.  They have venders in Bozeman and other places.  Every piece is made with love.  Cowboy is a romantic at heart and loves ALL his girls.  The "big" girls get a 1/2 lb. of candy each year from him.  There is a combination of dark chocolate or milk chocolate truffles.  Some choose to share and some dole it out as they see fit.  I feel bad for the "big" boys as I haven't stepped up to "do" for them.  But I try to make up for it on other holidays.  Maybe they get a sample of the truffles from the girls...
They look delicious!!!  I have to admit, I took a tiny taste.  They melt in your mouth!
  Cowboy says a taste of wine cleanses the palate, so the next bite tastes just like the first.

I like chocolate, but I like caramel.  I love it, but don't have it very often.  If it has a coating of chocolate, even better!

Cowboy bought us tenderloin steaks for a "special" occasion.  We had those this evening after church this afternoon.  I put baked potatoes in the oven and made "real" thousand island dressing.  I have forgotten how good it is on a fresh salad!  Yum!

We received some special valentines in the mail from Liv and Kamy.  Cowboy said, "We got Valentine's in the mail!"  Receiving personal mail rates up there with packages.  Although the letters are the best.  They can be read and re-read.  They can be looked at days later and they can be shared with one another.  I love to get and give cards.  I love going in the card store and have a grand old time picking cards for family and friends and having lots of chuckles as I am doing it.  Some, of course, I don't ever buy...you know.  I belong to the Sand Springs birthday club and we Do buy cards that one would not normally give.  They have some doozy ones about age and aging!  It is better to laugh than to cry!

A parting shot that has nothing to do with Valentine's Day.  One of the ladies at the church coffee hour said that she was getting sick of snow and was starting to get a little crabby!  I have the Mary Englebright tear off calendar and one of them said:  "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a terrible warning!"  Ever felt like that???  Well, not today anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, what a sweet day! It is so nice that you both make the effort! I used to but when it is always one sided it just isn't fun. Looks like everyone enjoyed the day! How was quilting? Did you go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I am going to look for some of that candy--after I lose about 10 pounds! Can't wait to see the Avery piece. I am glad that you had such a romantic day.

    ReplyDelete