Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weddings, Mountains, Flowers

We just attended a wedding this weekend in Red Lodge at the Wild Flower Gardens. It was a beautiful setting, BUT the chairs were facing into the sun and the wedding was at 4 p.m. It was a little warm. The bride and groom didn't mind and we were happy to celebrate this exciting day with Scott and Kristen.

I just had to take this picture before the wedding started. The rows were all decorated with mason jars with flowers, lots of sunflowers, in them. The iron work looks like Wayland's! What a cute idea. If it had not been at a "wedding" garden, the cost might not have been too much. I just loved the idea!

I wanted to get a picture of the altar and flowers and with the sun in a better position. The wedding party is taking some more pictures after the ceremony. Beautiful grounds...

Bridges, I love bridges--just ask Cowboy! I have all kinds of places I would like one or two or more foot bridges!! Well, I would settle for just ONE! Anyway, the man was hurrying to get the chairs picked up to put in the tent. I wanted to get just the right picture without him motoring right in the way!

This is the last picture I took. I thought the table decorations were beautiful with the sunflowers, table cloths, and tan napkins. See the tent to the right. We decided to sit at this table, it was cooler than the tent looked. We ate a scrumptious meal at 6 p.m. and by 6:30 p.m. I was hunting our jackets! Never satisfied are we??

Back to the ceremony. It was good and I wonder how many really listen? The minister tells the woman to RESPECT her husband and of course we women want to be CHERISHED, with lots of communication in between. We pray for God's blessing on their marriage.

This morning we ate breakfast at the Regis which is an out of the way cafe in Red Lodge. How could I not eat something special? I had a crumpet with my eggs and Canadian bacon and fruit bowl. The crumpet was homemade which made it taste that much better with the butter!

The drive home was beautiful...fall colors are starting!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I love the grounds--didn't see a single grass burr on it!

    ReplyDelete