Thursday, October 22, 2009

Update on Amy and Company

I have been asked by Rosie O'Grady to update Amy's progress with her leg and also put up a picture of Miss Fancy!

As you can see, Amy had to have another cast put on Oct. 5th. Bill took her over this time as it made me tear up when I had to leave her the last time over night. She looked at me like I was leaving her forever. Dogs can speak volumes with their eyes. If it hadn't been so sad I could have laughed! (It is like putting your child on the bus the first time for kindergarden, but it is you who looks so sad!) I told them I would wait until they took her back before I left. Bill went back with her when it was his turn to take her up to Billings. Little did he know it was a good thing she stayed overnight as they got the soft cast on too tight and had to do it over the next day. AND, they put her under each time. Ugh!!

I was so surprised when they got home and she had another cast on. I will take her back about the first of November to get it x-rayed again and hopefully get the cast off. She seems darned tired of being cooped up in the kennel, the house, or the garage. We are trying to keep it dry.

I saw her eyeing the deer from her kennel. She wants to test out her leg...

I was baking cookies tonight and she wanted to come upstairs. She thought for sure that she was going to get a free handout... She finally decided that it wasn't forthcoming so she went back downstairs to her bed. I did slip her one the the "mistakes."

Miss Fancy, she "be" growing! She has such pretty markings. But, pretty is as pretty does and she is a scrapper! One or two pets and then she is ready to bite and claw the hand that feeds her! Goodness!
Tiggy thinks Miss Fancy is the bane of her existence. She tries to box Miss Fancy's ears every chance she gets. Look out Tiggy, here I come!!!
It is so fun to watch them jump and play. Miss Fancy tries to attack Amy too. She jumps at her from the back and then runs like a wild cat!

We have more pets than we can take care of (almost). They don't know how good they have it. Tiggy would like to back out the door to the garage when she sees Fancy is already in there! Miss Fancy tries to take over Amy's bed. As Cowboy told me this morning, "Cats own everything."

1 comment:

  1. I hope little Amy gets out of that cast soon. Fancy has grown so much, and is so pretty, but pretty is as pretty does. Maybe she will get a little more gentle as she gets older.

    ReplyDelete