Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Almost Finished Project

November 11, 2009

I took a couple of pictures today to show the work on the garage, etc. for those that care. After glancing at the beginning lines of some of the blogs I follow, this will be a sleeper, but that is okay!
Note "temporary bridge" but it will work for this winter. We have teetered around on bricks, rocks and pallets for a few years now. It will be nice to shovel and sweep snow and be able to stand upright!!

We have both wandered around on the cement saying, "Isn't this just great!?! We will be putting our outfits in the garage on Saturday. Our dilemma is that we can't have the pad too long lengthwise as we have to get the water drained away from the house as it has a tendency to want to come back and pool around the basement. Won't the kiddies have fun with chalk and little toys!

This a has been a busy few days. We had cowboys here to help do cattle work and even called on The Farmer's Wife who was a Godsend for My Cowboy. He said she was "excellent" help. I need to forward that to her blog!! I did bunches of cooking and baking. Yesterday I caught up on washing and ironing and cut a little material. Today everyone went home as they shipped some more calves. I got one bed stripped and three to go. But Cowboy got leftovers, so no cooking today until this evening.

Have several sewing projects that HAVE to get done as soon as two babies arrive. Robert & Marina's baby blanket is done and I am working on a blanket for B.J. & Marsha's new little girl. When I get the pink one made, I will take some pictures.

We have 300 head of calves to wean yet...just maybe we will be done before Thanksgiving this year. The weather has held so far...

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOO!!!!!
    I'm so jealous of all your concrete!!!
    Just think, you won't have to have the Cowboy pack you to the garage anymore to keep from getting your church shoes muddy...

    I was glad I was able to come over and help a little. I can't tell you how much sleep I lost, worrying that I would be more of a hindrance and really put Dad behind. Isn't that new chute NICE!??

    Good luck with the blankies! We've got a lot of babies around this year.

    ReplyDelete