Sunday, November 1, 2009

Facing Face Book

What in the world have I done? I keep getting e-mails from people saying that they want to be my "friend." I decided to bite the bullet and sign up or on or whichever it is. I have looked around in the site a little and looked at various pictures of some friends. Enjoyed the pictures of course. Then there were names of people that wanted to be "friends" and I didn't even know who they were! I had to call daughter #1 (that is tricky, do I call the Farmer's Wife daughter #1?? and M.M. daughter #1 or #2?) and ask her what to do about people that I clicked on and don't really want to be friends with. Then I asked about the names of people that I didn't have a clue who they were. Some were classmates of my kids. They don't want to hear from me surely.

NOW the big question is what does one do now that one can sign in???? One of my "quilting friends" asked the same thing, so I am not the only one in a quandary.

Blogging takes time and I am thinking searching around in Face Book will be a consumer of time also!

Questions, just questions????

2 comments:

  1. I don't have time to do much with my FB, but I like to look around in other people's pages to catch up on all the things they are doing. It's all I can do to turn out a blog once a week and a lot more fun (to me) than doing anything with my FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like blogs better. You can expand a thought and still communicate through the comments! BUT, I'm a word-y sort of person.

    If you have something you don't mind everyone and their dog to know about, pop it up on FB. Stuff like "Meghan and Tristan came for the holidays; I'm so excited!" is good. But there are some who tell you everytime they blow their nose or answer the phone...that makes me crazy!

    I think if you go there, read other people's info, comment if you have one, and leave, that's pretty appropriate. Just remember that everything, everything, everything on FB is public, and what you write to one person, everyone can read. (That's REALLY annoying to me, but I email if I need to...)

    ReplyDelete