Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hair-Do Day!

November 19, 2009

There you have it! Those are the 60's styles when I was strutting my stuff!!! Ratted hairdos with lots of hair spray, the taller the better, bouffant is the word!! In 1960 I was 13 and I graduated from Bozeman in 1969! I taught in mini skirts and "big" hair in Battle Ground, Washington. Cowboy said he would have liked to have been in a class with a teacher with a mini skirt! Hummm... The school had 1300 kids with three business teachers and bussed the majority of the students to school. I stayed one year. I was the "traveling" teacher, so had no desk or classroom. I did love the students. They wanted to know why I wanted to leave. I told them I could not see "out" (the Big Sky was beckoning), and I missed the smell of sagebrush. I think I have always been a country girl at heart! I told my Uncle that when I grew up I was going to marry a "rich" rancher. Little did I know that was an oxymoron!

Today was my monthly hair-do day!! I have been going to the same "stylist" for 12 years. We figured out the number of years today! One becomes friends and gets involved in their lives and have an update every 4 to 5 weeks! It made me feel special and she fixes it how I can't. I have that "glue" but when I put it on, it looks like "glue" and not really very touchable!

I hurried through the grocery store and grabbed a snack and my spiced chai tea and headed north/northeast! I left Roundup at 12:00 noon. Cowboy called at 1:45 p.m. to see if I was still in Round Town and I said sure. He asked me to pick up worm paste for the horses. Then I told him, sorry, I had the house in my sites. So, he was getting ready for lunch and we caught up on our day. The best part is when he said, "Boy, your hair sure looks nice!" I am telling you, Cowboy is a KEEPER!! No one usually sees me but him. I didn't have to put on a Scotch cap today (but I have!) but the treadmill time made it droop just a wee bit!

Getting my hair done is a treat!!! Hair color is the cheapest face lift a girl can give herself. It will take 10 years off of her age. Dye it grey and it will add 10. I don't want to test that theory just yet about the latter!

The BEST part of the morning was getting to see my friend, Betty Jean, who had spirited away to get her hair cut. We talked fast and furious! We had hugs and a few tears. What are friends about... It was just a blessing to see her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to catch up reading all the posts!
    Doesn't it just feel extravagant, sometimes, to get your color and cut? Aunt Margie would say, "I just feel so rich!"

    Glad you got to see Betty Jean! That's a treat, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your story brought back some memories. I have been looking through a box of letters I sent the folks; some went back to 1966 (with clippings). My, my, how things do change, and I don't just mean hair styles.

    ReplyDelete