Friday, November 6, 2009

Work in Progress! And Bits and Pieces

November 6th, 2009

We are finally getting a side walk and ramp for the garage. I love watching other people hard at work so I thought I would take a few photos. I will have to post an "after" picture later.
#1 helper cat was renamed Miss Feisty today! She wanted to help in every way! They finally locked her in the kennel in the garage with food and water so there weren't cute little kitty tracks in the cement!
She is ready to pose...


The "boys" were trying to put plastic up before the cement came and they had quite a time getting the plastic away from her.

I am trying to promote a "bridge" between the slab and the bunk house door. Alan is a lumber man, my Cowboy is an iron man. He has function but The Farmer has the aesthetics. So nothing will be done over the winter. There isn't much room there. Cowboy wants to use treadplate...hummmm. At one time I had talked about an arbor and Cowboy informed me, "I don't want anything with an overhang..." so that idea went away!

Here is the cement and did they ever work for awhile. Then the WIND came!! Whew!!

I forgot to take a picture of the pies before they were cut. I don't know why they are on edge, but you can see those hard-working carpenters got to have their pick of peach or cherry! Besides, we have cowboys coming tomorrow so they will need pie to keep them going.

Although, my Cowboy told me that he was "getting about pie-ed out." Hard to believe...

On to BITS and PIECES

Amy went to the vet in Billings yesterday. STILL came home with a wrap that still looks like a cast. We will take it off in two weeks and check her leg. She would not use it up there and has been running around on it here. Go figure! Saying that she does not like that place is an understatement. They put her to sleep every time we go there so they can work on and x-ray her leg. She is READY to go home when time to leave. I went at 4 yesterday to get her as Dr. Brown said that would be fine. Of course she was still out and they wouldn't let me take her. I said I could load her myself and she could sleep going home. But the answer was no and I had to come back in an hour.

We got the weirdest catalog in the mail this week. Now that Christmas is nearing we are on MANY mailing lists. The particular catalog I am talking about gave me the weebee jebeebies. That unsettled feeling. I really wanted to burn the darned thing. I will not put the actual name of the catalog on here, but there are various hooded capes in velvet, jewelery that looks like snakes, books on spells, wizard canes, and dresses that looked "witchy". Bill and I looked at it together and both wondered where in the world that it had come from. I ripped our name off of the back and out of the order blank in the middle. I tore them up and it went in the recycle sack for magazines.

Time to sew a stitch or knit a row...

1 comment:

  1. LOve those pies! Your walk will really be nice, and it would have been nice to have kitty tracks in it. Hmmmm. I am really curious about your catalog. Somehow, I wish I could get something that interesting just once.

    ReplyDelete